Reports to: C.O.O.
Direct Reports: Technical Sales Managers and Technical Designers
Summary Of Role:
EFT Systems has been established for 50 years and is now seeking a Head of Sales to lead the sales function, which includes new business and existing business
Head of Sales is responsible for leading the sales function and dedicated to sustainable and profitable growth of sales through the Technical Sales Managers and Designers
Place Of Work:
Peripatetic, however a good proportion of time will be spent at Head Office (Southport)
Salary Band / Package:
• Salary Band: TBC (Dependent on experience)
• Discretionary Company Bonus
• Company vehicle
• Lifestyle benefits: Health shield following successful completion of probation
period (6 months).
• Continuous professional development opportunities
• Holidays: 32 Days per year paid holiday (including Bank Holidays
• Company stakeholder pension
• Managing organisational sales, in conjunction with COO and CEO by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
• Setting individual sales targets, overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
• Tracking sales goals and reporting results.
• Developing your sales team through training, motivation, counselling and product knowledge education.
• Promoting the organisation and products, including access controls, intruder alarms, CCTV systems and Fire alarms to the domestic, commercial, educational, social housing and industrial sector.
• Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability of delivering solutions to all related disciplines
• Manage client relationships directly and indirectly through the Technical Sales Managers, acting as the client liaison and primary point of contact for escalation.
• Build strong relationships with supply partners through which we can bring innovation to our customers.
• Ensure effective solutions, which meet quality expectations can be delivered to our customers.
• Identifying and securing the required new business in order to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets – this business will be a mix of self-generated and direct report generated
• Involvement and at times lead the management of bids, tenders and proposals.
• Providing and maintaining accurate forecasts, prospects lists / quote bank and sales status reports as required
• Prepare and issue monthly Sales reports in terms of pipeline, conversion rates, profitability
• Ensure back office systems have all the correct information input at the relevant time in order to generate accurate reporting on sales and pipeline
People (Leadership, Training, Development and performance management)
• Responsible for direct reports performance and development
• Highlight and reward people’s achievements as appropriate
• Ensure continuous training and development of individuals through visual tools like skills matrix
• Key player in EFT’s Training Academy ensuring we deliver a 1st class service to customers
Skills & Experience:
• At least 3 years sales experience in the fire & security sector
• Have a strong track record of sales success within the Fire Installation sector as well as possessing a level of understanding of current Fire Legislation and Standards along with the various types of systems available and in use within the Fire sector and their specific applications
• Experience of working closely with and sold into the M & E, Main Contractor and End User marketplace and therefore have experience of selling products at Installation stage.
• Experience of influencing others and generating enthusiasm and interest, with an Energetic, positive, dynamic and charismatic personal style.
• Strong financial acumen – understand commercial and financial metrics
• Broad understanding of relevant sector Health and Safety law and legislation
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), to deal with people at all levels in a direct, diplomatic way; be able to identify where things are not working, to be able to communicate this and give instructions on how to make things better; to communicate with senior management and be prepared to argue your case in a constructive manner.
• Have judgement/ problem solving skills to handle difficult situations and to make decisions which may impact across departments.
• IT Competent to be able use a PDA and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel)
• Accreditation compliance (NACOSS and BAFE)
• Must pass full DRB check
• Must pass British Standard Security Screening (BS7858)
• Full Driving License
• Energy, Drive, Enthusiasm, and a CAN-DO ATTITUDE
• Live the company values
• Personable and enjoy interaction with other areas of the business.
• Willingness to learn.
• Enjoy coaching
• Team player