We are delighted to announce the chosen EFT charity for 2019 will be Pancreatic cancer UK.
This is cause which is close to our hearts and we believe every effort makes a real difference.
Pancreatic Cancer UK funds world-leading research at the cutting-edge of science. They fund research through a number of approaches.
Over the last decade, less than one percent of UK cancer research spend has been directed towards pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer needs bold investment to transform the future and to deliver the step change that can alter the outcome for those diagnosed with this devastating disease.
Through funding, they have been working hard to spur creative and cutting edge ideas and approaches in pancreatic cancer research. They also fund research to support, develop and attract the brightest minds in the field who will go on to make the breakthroughs of the future.
Some of the key research topics they fund are:
- Early diagnosis and detection of pancreatic cancer
- Developing new treatments for the disease
In a couple of weeks’ time we will learn which research project we will be helping support and will be allocated a scientist to work with at Christies hospital in Manchester.
We are so excited that as a team we will really be able to make a difference!
Just a few things in the pipeline are:
- Dominic’s climb up Snowdon – Everyone should try and do this, what an achievement that would be!!
- Family fun day – Football match
- Ben Hope and Matt Grindrod’s 3 peak challenge
- Golf day raffle
- Cake bakes
- Mufti days
- Adams big barbeque!!
- Kyla recruiting for runners for the Southport seaside 10K 22nd September
Lets make this a great year!